Female Metal Voices
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about your favorite Female metal bands, Epica, ReVamp, Within temptation, Delain, Tristania, nightwish, and more ...

PortailHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biography and Band Photography

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JessEpica
Admin
Admin
JessEpica

Biography and Band Photography Empty
PostSubject: Biography and Band Photography   Biography and Band Photography I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Oct - 8:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Dutch symphonic gothic power metalband Magion was founded in September 2005 and currently has a lineup consisting of:
Myrthe van Beest : Vocals
Chris Vrij : Guitar and grunts
Arjen van der Toorn : Guitar
David de Waal : Drums
Menno Bruggeling : Bass
Joop de Rooij : Keys
Magion creates powerful and tightly executed symphonic metal. The songs are elaborately structured, but have clear heads and tails and show a lot of variation. The music perfectly fits Myrthe’s evocative and partly autobiographical lyrics.
An impression of the music is available on the following sites:
http://www.magionband.com
http://magion.bandcamp.com
Magion have built an excellent reputation as a live act, and have had the pleasure of playing with acts that have received worldwide acclaim, such as Epica, Delain, Trail of Tears & Jorn Lande. Because of their great performances, but also their professional attitude towards venue staff and volunteers, Magion has received very positive reactions from audiences and programmers alike.
The independently-released debut album “Close to Eternity” was recorded in Excess Studios Rotterdam, where big names such as Epica, Gorefest and Ayreon recorded previously. The CD was mastered in Sweden by the musical mastermind Dan Swanö; the artwork was handled by the Brazilian graphic artst Jobert Mello.
The album was well received both domestically and abroad and has achieved good sales figures; due to an unexpectedly high demand from countries such as the United States, Canada and Japan a second pressing of the album was necessary within a year of the release.
“Close to Eternity” has received excellent reviews from leading magazines and websites:
Aardschok: “Magion has plenty if quality amongst them to create an own identity. This includes a singer who can easily join the ranks of singers like Simone Simons and Floor Jansen, and a group of superb musicians. This band absolutely deserves a chance!”
Lords of Metal: “Everything falls into place on “Close To Eternity”; from the fantastic artwork, the great musicianship of the band, the very varied and entertaining song material until the breathtaking vocals of Myrthe van Beest. With their talent, musicianship and awesome song material it should just be a matter of time before they will belong to the top of the Dutch metal scene.”
Sonic Cathedral: “…..You are taken for a 60 plus minute ride through the absolute top levels of the symphonic operatic gothic musical landscape. Top-notch band with a drop dead killer vocalist, absolutely as good as it gets and to top it all off, we get production that is world class. Add to that the breathtaking artwork and you have nothing short of a masterpiece. 10/10 Top Score - Official Sonic Cathedral Gem”
2011 promises to be a very exciting year. A second album is being recorded and Magion will broaden its horizons and present themselves to fans aboard. Two concerts in Belgium with France-based Whyzdom are but an appetizer of what’s to come!

Magionband.com

Last edited by JessEpica on Mon 5 Nov - 2:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.female-metal-voices.net
AnnaMoon
See me in Shadow
See me in Shadow
AnnaMoon

PostSubject: Re: Biography and Band Photography   Biography and Band Photography I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Oct - 8:30

J'aime beaucoups! Chouette découverte au concert du 24/09. Je dois encore mettre le CD sur mon PC et mon Ipod (et faire mes rapport (non j'ai pas oublié j'ai plein de truc a faire))

I really Like! Great Discrover to the 24/09 show. I still have to put the album on my PC and My Ipod (and do my repport (didn't forget but I have a lot to do)
Back to top Go down
http://withintemptation2010.forumgratuit.be/
Crasy-Delain
Translator
Translator
Crasy-Delain

PostSubject: Re: Biography and Band Photography   Biography and Band Photography I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Oct - 22:48

dat is een goed band van Nederland Smile I love you

C'est un bon groupe de Pays-bas Smile I love you

This a very good band from Netherland Smile I love you

I LOVE MAGION !!!!!
Back to top Go down
JessEpica
Admin
Admin
JessEpica

PostSubject: Re: Biography and Band Photography   Biography and Band Photography I_icon_minitimeMon 5 Nov - 2:48

voici une photo promos , Joop (pianiste) n'était pas encore dans le groupe d'ailleurs ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.female-metal-voices.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biography and Band Photography   Biography and Band Photography I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biography and Band Photography
Page 1 of 1